It has been a little over a month since I adopted Xena. It has been interesting - much different that living with a cat - and there have been some growing pains. Typical work day is like this...I go to work, she stays home and morphs into Miss Distructo. I come home, pick up things that she decided needed to be on the floor or, better yet, outside. I let her know that this is bad behavior and she seems honestly remorseful - till the next day. Weekends have been spent dog-proofing the house and playing. She especially loves squeaky toys.
It's really not that bad - we go for walks in the evening (which is great for me). I was concerned, at first, because it is cold in the evenings, sometimes bloody cold, and since she doesn't have much fur I was afraid she would get too cold. A friend and co-worker came to my rescue. She made a wonderful coat for Xena so now I don't worry so much.
She is so very loving - always wants to cuddle in the evening after our walk. She is such a sweetie I really am glad to have her around.